The Israeli Association for the Study of European Integration provides a forum for debate and exchange of information among academics, policy makers, business leaders and NGOs.
Its activities consist mostly of seminars and conferences.
The aims of IASEI are:
- Strengthening European integration issues as a scientific discipline.
- Encouraging the study and teaching of European integration in Israel.
- Developing relationships with the associations for European studies in the world, as well as with the EU Delegation to the state of Israel.
Israel and the European Union
By IASEI, the Israeli Association for the Study of European Integration
IASEI was founded in 1992. It brings together academics and practitioners in Israel who specialize in the European Union. IASEI provides a forum for debate and a site for exchange of information about the EU, and actively promotes research and networking in this field. This association makes it possible for academic and non-academic experts in Israel on the EU to meet and learn about the work of their colleagues. Among the members of IASEI are government and industry officials, as well as students and professors from the leading universities in Israel.
The aims of IASEI are to:
1) Permit researchers working on European integration issues to collaborate; to initiate and encourage academic works on European Integration.
2) Provide a place where information between civil servants and academics can flow; to encourage the study and teaching of European Integration studies.
3) Strengthen European integration issues as a scientific discipline, through the organization of seminars and conferences.
4) Develop relationships with the associations for European studies in the world, as well as with the European Delegation in Israel.
Dr. Rachel Frid de Vries, Adv.
Dr. Tal Sadeh
Dr. Amichai Magen
Prof. Alfred Tovias
Prof. Arie Reich
Dr. Maya Sion Tzidkiyahu
Dr. Ayelet Banay
Dr. Toby Greene
Prof. Yoram Haftel
Dr. Sara Kahn-Nisser
Dr. Tal Dingott Alkopher
EU Studies Programs
This page lists programs on European integration in Israel’s leading academic institutions. Some focus on the European Union in particular, while others take a broader view of contemporary Europe.
IASEI Annual Conference 2021
Renewed Partnership with the Southern Neighborhood: Implications for Israel
Political Entrepreneurs: The Rise of Challenger Parties in Europe
The EU Green Deal and Circular Economy: The Way Ahead in EU Israel Relations
Testing the strength of Euroscepticism after Covid-19 and Brexit
Implications of an Unchanging EU Policy on Israel: 1980-2020
EU Diplomacy and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: How Can Europe Effectively Promote Peace?
European Responses to an Israeli Annexation in the West Bank: From Statements to Actions?
COVID-19 and the Reordering of EU Spaces
The Recent Karlsruhe Ruling and the EU’s Future -Is the European Central Bank Still Independent?
The monetary policy response in Croatia, Euro area and Israeli economy in time of the COVID 19 crisis
EU response to the Corona Virus Crisis video - Amba. Emanuele Giaufret
The annual conference of the Israeli association for the study of European integration, in partnership with RECONNECT, Horizon 2020
BREXIT’S IMPACT on International Relations The EU, UK and Israel
Social Solidarity in the European Union?
Addressing the Challenges of Populism
Fake News and Disinformation in/and about Europe and the EU
COVID-19 and the Re-bordering of EU Spaces
Become a member
Membership in IASEI:
• Supports its activities and helps develop them.
• Is conditional for electing and being elected to IASEI institutions.
• Allows access to activities that may not be open to the public.
* Paying by Credit card/PayPal will include 5 NIS fee
** For payment by other means, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org